Designation: Advisory Board Member
- Mr. Alai was with the FCB Ulka Group for 26 years and was a key force behind the Group's sound fundamentals & success. He has handled various senior responsibilities in the Group, in India and Asia Pacific and Africa, before eventually heading the India operations as its Group Chairman. Post that he was appointed as Vice Chairman, Global, FCB Worldwide. He retired in the second half of 2016. Mr. Alai is now founder and principal counsellor at a business strategy and financial advisory.
- He has been the President of the Advertising Agencies Association of India, between 2010 and 2012, the apex industry body, with which he has been associated since early 1990's in various capacities and continues to remain actively involved till date.
- He has served on various committees of Confederation of Indian Industry. He has also been active in the Confederation of Advertising Agencies Association of Asia, a pan Asia advertising industry body based out of Singapore, over the past several years and he is currently its Chairman.
- He has been serving on the jury of the APAC Effies since its inception in 2014, as also on the Global Effies. He has also served as a head of jury at APAC Effies. He has also served in the Consumer Complaints Council of the Advertising Standards Council of India, to aid in self-regulation in advertising.
- Prior to joining the advertising industry, Mr. Alai had worked in multinational pharma companies and financial consultancy practice.
- Mr. Alai is passionate about skilling and vocational training which has recently seem him engaging with and mentoring Greycells Education.